Blockchains and Bagels: the morning market update to get you ready for the day ahead. Today, the foundation behind EOS, Block.one, is rumoured to be closing a new funding round that includes Peter Thiel and Bitmain.
Block.one rumoured to close funding round that includes Peter Thiel and Bitmain
The foundation behind EOS is rumoured to be near closing another round of funding. Bloomberg reports Peter Thiel, Bitmain, Louis Bacon and Alan Howard as prospective investors in the latest round.
Goldman Sachs’ incoming CEO is looking to add bitcoin and digital assets
David Soloman, who will be taking over as CEO, is optimistic on bitcoin and digital assets. The bank will explore adding bitcoin and digital assets to its portfolio of services. The change comes amid increasing client demand.
Mastercard has a new patent that could allow bitcoin transactions on credit cards
On Tuesday, Mastercard won a patent that would enable the management of “fractional reserves of blockchain currency”. Mastercard acknowledged, in their filings, that there is an increase in the usage in blockchain currencies by consumers. Currently, Mastercard does not have any products in the market related to this patent.
The Large Credit Union Coalition of Canada has joined the R3 network
The consortium of Canada’s largest credit unions will join the R3 enterprise blockchain network. The LCUC represents over C$125 billion in assets across sixteen members. The partnership adds to R3’s group of financial institutions exploring blockchain solutions in financial services.
Around the network
- Cryptocurrency rally builds steam as Bitcoin surpasses $7,500
- Sequoia China, Polychain Lead Blockchain Startup’s $28 Million Round
- More institutional money in the crypto space, says Coinbase vice president
Through the headlines
- Amid Trump trade war, trans mountain’s Asia appeal grows crucial
- Bernanke, Geithner, Paulson voice some concern about next crisis
- A bullish ’phenomenon’ in bond market is weeks away from fading, top credit strategist says
- The trade war is complicating China’s efforts to fix its economy
- Trump, seeking to calm political storm over Putin summit, says he misspoke
Buy Bitcoin, Ethereum, and other digital currencies on Coinsquare, Canada’s most secure trading platform.
The post Blockchains and Bagels Daily Market Roundup – 07.18.2018 appeared first on Coinsquare News.